This problem has been encountered by some others too, and is caused by codec problems and conflicts from other programs having been installed previously, and is more commonly encountered with older computers.
These problems are typically solved by one of the following methods:
DIRECT SHOW FILTER PACK
- Download Direct Show Filter Manager here.
- Once downloaded it, double click on the file. This will bring up a little utility.
- Click on Troubleshooting tab, and press the Restore standard DirectX Codecs button.
- Go back to the Codec list tab, press the Register new filter button. Navigate to where you extracted all the contents of the zip file in Step 2, and look for the MpaSplitter folder, and select the MpaSplitter.ax file.
- Download ffdshow here.
- After the download is completed, double click on the file to install the software.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation. During the installation, you will reach the Select Additional Tasks screen. Scroll down the window and you will find an option called Decode the following audio formats with ffdshow. Make sure that option is checked.
INSTALLING THE K-LITE CODEC PACK
- Download the K-Lite Codec Pack here (click one of the "Mirror" links).
- Double click on the file to install the software after the download is completed.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
We have seen virtually everyone with this problem have the problem solved by one of the above. Which one works for you will depend on your system and what other programs you have previously installed.
We would suggest trying each solution, starting from the first option.
If this does not repair your problem, please contact us by filling the form.