NOTE: This feature is only available with Little Reader Pro.
Learn how to edit existing words through this simple and step-by-step tutorial. Starting from browsing through your existing library and eventually changing a word in the Family category, this video will show you how to essentially personalize your lessons.
NOTE: The Little Reader version used in the video is v2, where "Play & Edit" was called "Advanced Play/Edit".
Editing words by adding your own media, such as family photos or your own pronunciation recordings, can make learning fun and exciting for your child. The best part is that you no longer have to purchase additional software to expand your child's learning vocabulary!
How to Edit a Word
- Go to the Play & Edit screen (Advanced Play / Edit screen for Little Reader 2.x or below)and choose to display Categories.
- Select the word you want to edit from the Word Lists in different Categories.
- Click on the EDIT button below the Word List. The Edit Word window will pop up.
- Once you're done adding your media files, click on the SAVE button.
How to Add a New Pronunciation
- To add your new pre-recorded pronunciation of the word, switch to the Word Slide tab, and then click on the ADD button.
- Locate the audio file in your computer.
- Click on the Open button. You can click on the PLAY button to preview your audio file.
NOTE: Little Reader supports .mp3, .wav, and .wma audio file types.
How to Add a New Picture
- To add a new photo of the word, switch to the Picture Slide tab, and then click on the ADD button in the Picture(s) section.
- Locate the photo or image file in your computer.
- Click on the Open button. Your selected image will then appear in the Picture preview box.
NOTE: Little Reader supports .jpg, .bmp, .gif and .png image file types.
How to Add a New Video
- To add a new video of the word, switch to the Video Slide tab, and then click on the ADD button in the Video section.
- Locate the video file in your computer.
- Click on the Open button. A screen capture of your selected video will then appear in the Video preview box. You can click on the PLAY button to preview your video file.
NOTE: Little Reader supports .swf, .avi, .mpg, and .wmv video file types.
When you're done editing the word's media files, click on SAVE to finalize your changes, or SAVE AS to save the word as a copy of the original word.