Sometimes, changes to your computer (e.g., installing new software or codecs, or changing your system settings) will cause your computer to change its configuration as to what programs will open different file types. This may result in problems with importing content files for your BrillKids software.
Not to worry though, there's a very easy solution to this issue.
Here's how to fix it:
- Open your Windows Explorer. (START + E)
- Locate the Little Reader content file you have in your computer.
- Right-click on the content file you want to import, then select 'Open With...' (a smaller window will open).
- If you see Little Reader in the list of Recommended Programs, simply select Little Reader by clicking on it. Make sure that the checkbox beside the text 'Always use the selected program to open this kind of file' is marked with a check. Once done, press the 'OK' button.
If you don't see Little Reader in the list of Recommended Programs...
- On the dialogue box, click on the 'Browse' button.
- In the Explorer Window which pops up, click on the BrillKids folder.
- Click on the Little Reader folder.
- Click on 'Little Reader.exe,' and press the 'OPEN' button.
Once you finish performing the steps above, Little Reader will automatically open and import your chosen file. Any Little Reader file (.cat, .pl, .lrc, .lrp, .lrd-lic, .lrb, .lru) which you double-click on after doing this will now force the Little Reader software to open and import these files.