Here are some tips on making your child comfortable, and maximizing learning – and fun!
- Seat your child on your lap or next to you. Make sure the screen is at least 24 inches (60 centimeters) away and at your child’s eye level.
- Prepare the learning environment by clearing away all potential distractions – TV, radio, or phone. If your child tends to grab at things, clear away the keyboard and use a wireless mouse (which since you only need to click, can be used like a TV remote control).
- Make sure that the learning area has sufficient lighting.
- Give the lesson when your child is in a receptive mood. Never attempt a lesson when your child is tired, sick, or disinterested.
- Be lively and have fun during lessons!