NOTE: This feature is only available with Little Math Pro.
STEP 1: Record Your Pronunciations
Before you start:
- Make sure your microphone is plugged in to your computer
- Turn up your speaker or computer volume so you can hear what you're recording
You can use any audio recording and editing software that you have in your computer. If you don’t have one, you may simply use Easy Voice Recorder, which comes with any BrillKids software.
1. From your Start Menu, go to All Programs, select BrillKids and open the Little Math folder. Click on Easy Voice Recorder.
2. When you’re ready, click on the REC button and speak into your microphone.
3. The Record button will change to a Stop button – click on the STOP button to stop recording.
TIP: Click on the PLAY button or press the spacebar on your keyboard to play back what you’ve just recorded.
4. In case you want to edit your recording, click on any of the editing buttons at the upper right part of the window to adjust your recording (this step is optional):
- Sound Levels – use this to adjust the loudness of your recording
- Normalize – use this to scale the recording to be as loud and clear as possible, without distorting the sound into cracking audio
- Silence – use this to make a selected part of your recording completely silent
- Noise – use this to remove unwanted background noise from your recording
5. When you’re done, click on the Save button. Type in a filename for your new recording and save it in a place where you can easily find it.
6. Repeat Steps 2 to 4 for the rest of the recordings you need. Remember that you need to record pronunciations for the numbers 0 to 100 and the math symbols (=, +, -, x, ÷).
** For more details and instructions on using the different editing options in Easy Voice Recorder, see: https://support.brillkids.com/hc/en-us/articles/204595214
STEP 2: Create Your Little Math Sound Set
1. Open Little Math and go to the Media Library screen. Click on the Voice Sets tab. Click on the NEW button and type in the name of your new sound set.
2. On the right side of the Voice Sets tab is the Items box – double-click on the first row (for “0”) and in the explorer window that opens, look for the recording for your selected number / symbol. Once you find your recording, select it and click on the Open button.
3. Repeat Step 2 for the rest of the numbers and symbols listed in the Items box.
STEP 3: Apply Your New Sound Set to Your Lessons
1. Go to Little Math’s Play & Edit screen and click on the Override button (bottom right part of the window). Notice that the light will turn green, which means Override is turned ON.
2. Click on the cog button beside the Override button to open the Override Settings window.
3. From the Numbers tab, click on Display & Sound and then select which display type (Icon, Numeral, Word) you would like to apply the sound set to.
4. Click on the button beside the sound set option to turn it on (the light will turn green).
5. Click on the dropdown menu for the sound set option and select your new sound set.
6. Click on the Expressions tab, select which display type (Icon, Numeral, Word) you would like to apply the sound set to, then repeat Steps 4 and 5.
7. Click on the Save button.
And that’s it – your new sound set will be used the next time you play your Little Math lessons!