If you are having problems while downloading your BrillKids curriculum files, like:
- The download freezing midway or at any point in the process
- You're getting an error saying the file is "corrupted" or "invalid"
- You're getting an error saying "format not supported"
Try any or all of these tips and see if these help solve the problem:
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of your BrillKids software.
Check and make sure that your Internet connection is stable before and during the download process. If you are connected via WiFi, try using indoor or home WiFi, since outdoor ones and public connections (like the ones in coffee shops) are usually unstable and do get cut off erratically.
Disable your firewall and antivirus programs then try re-downloading your curriculum. As soon as you've finished the download, you can turn on your firewall and antivirus programs again.
Make sure that you have enough free space in your computer. Your computer needs to have at least twice the amount of free space as the file size of the course you're trying to download (i.e., to store the actual lesson file and for processing the download). For example, if you're trying to download a 500MB file, you need to have at least 1GB free space in your computer.
- You can check which version you have by going to your software's TOOLS > Software Information screen - take note of the software version number in that screen.
- Go to TOOLS > Software Information > BrillKids Account or sign in to your account using your browser and go to Account > Purchases > (Little Reader / Little Math / Little Musician) Software and compare your software's version with the version number displayed in your account page.
- If the version number of your installed software is lower than the one displayed in your account page, that means you are using an outdated software.
Check that your Windows user account does have full access permissions for the BrillKids software system files, then try re-downloading your lessons. Click here for instructions.
Try re-downloading your lesson file using a direct link. You can request for the link by writing to BrillKids Support. Click here to send a support request.
Check the file integrity of your downloaded lesson files (i.e., if the file is correct and complete) by checking if the MD5 string of your downloaded file matches the MD5 string displayed in your account page. Click here for instructions.
- If you don't have enough free space in your C:\ drive (where your BrillKids data files are stored by default), you may consider moving your software data and media files to another hard drive if you have one. Click here for insructions.
If you are still having problems with downloading your BrillKids content, please write to BrillKids Support and attach your diagnostic report.
How to update Little Reader
How to update Little Math
How to update Little Musician
How to change the data path for BrillKids software
How to change file permissions for BrillKids software
How to check if your downloaded file is correct or complete
How to create a Diagnostic Report