If you are having problems while downloading course files in Little Reader Touch, such as:
- The download(s) freezing midway or at any point in the process
- The download(s) seem to disappear from the Downloads section
- Little Reader Touch crashes often while you are downloading
Try any or all of these tips and see if these help solve the problem:
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the Little Reader Touch app by checking the "Updates" section of the App Store in your device (especially if you did not opt to download app updates automatically). If you're not sure, you can delete the Little Reader Touch app from your device then re-install it.
- Use a fast WiFi connection when downloading files. Indoor or home connections are most recommended, since outdoor ones and public connections (like the ones in coffee shops) are usually unstable and do get cut off erratically.
- Turn off Auto-lock temporarily by going to your device's Settings > General > Auto-lock and selecting "Never." Once you've finished downloading, you may turn Auto-lock on again.
- Try downloading one course semester file at a time instead of downloading both semesters at the same time.
- Make sure your device is fully charged, or keep it plugged in to power during the download
- Make sure that you have enough free space in your device. Your device needs to have at least twice the amount of free space as the file size of the course you're trying to download (i.e., to store the actual course file in your device and for processing the download). For example, if you're trying to download a 500MB course, you need to have at least 1GB free space in your device.
- TIP: If your device doesn't have enough free space for downloading your full Semester 1+2 course, just keep the course you're using now and replace it with the next one later.
If you continue to have problems even after trying ALL of the tips above, contact BrillKids Support and include the following details:
- Which device(s) are you having this problem in? (Please mention if it's iPad 1 or 2, iPhone 4 or 4s, iPhone 5)
- Which iOS version is currently installed in your device?
- Which version of the app are you using?
- Which course file(s) are you trying to download?
- Are you getting an error message? If yes, what does the error say?
- Try to describe what happens once you tap the Download button for the lesson you're trying to download.