NOTE: This feature is only available with Little Musician Pro.
Once you're done customizing your Music Notes lesson settings, the next step is to customize the sounds and images that get played along with it.
To access the Sounds & Display tab:
1. Go to the Play & Edit Screen.
2. Select the lesson you want to edit from the Lesson Panel on the left side of the screen.
3. Click on the Settings button in the lower right side of the screen.
4. Click on the Sound & Display tab in the Music Notes Settings window.
In general, each lesson can be shown in up to 3 separate displays. For example, in a Scale lesson set to show a C Major scale, each note in the scale can be displayed in 3 consecutive and different ways before the next note is displayed.
Each display lets you to choose from a selection of display types, depending on the lesson type you've selected. For example, for a Notes lesson, the lesson can be displayed in any of these ways:
- Staff - each note will be shown on the staff (one note per slide).
- Note Name - each note's name will be flashed on screen.
- Solfège - each note's Solfège syllable will be flashed on screen.
- Keyboard - each note will be shown as a colored key in the keyboard.
- Blank - a question mark ("?") will be displayed on screen.
To add a display, click on +Add. To remove added displays, click on the X button on the top right corner of the display. Each display can be further customized by clicking on Show More below each display - this will toggle the Advanced Display Settings panel for your selected display.
Advanced Display Settings
To toggle advanced settings for each display, click on Show More below each display, or check the box for Always show display settings (at the bottom of the window).
Through the Advanced Display Settings panel, you can customize how your selected display type will appear during lesson playback:
- Icon - Specify custom icon sets or groups instead of (or in addition to) the regular note heads. You can manage the icon sets and icon groups available in your library by going to the Icon Sets tab of the Media Library Screen.
- Label- Choose to label note heads with Note Names, Solfège syllables, or leave them blank.
- Note Color - When "Note Head Only" or "Note Head + Icon" is selected for the Icon option, you may choose to display note heads in custom, random, or rainbow colors.
- Staff Size - Adjust how large or small the staff is during playback.
- Clef Type - Choose to display the Treble, Bass, or both Clefs in a specific color.
- Highlight - Enable "Grey Dim" to show the staff against a grey background, or enable "Active Lines" so Little Musician highlights the line or space where a note appears on the staff.
- Show - Choose to show rests or the key signature on the staff.
For each display, you can set up to two types of sounds that will be played for that display. For each sound, you can choose from different instruments or voices, and for each of these, you can choose to specify a specific instrument/voice, or let Little Musician randomly select from an Instrument or Voice Group.
You can manage the instruments and voice sets and groups available in your library by going to the Voice Sets and Instruments tabs of the Media Library Screen.